And I thought it would be fun to compile stereotypes about women screenwriters that can get in our way.
They’re below. (Feel free to help me get to ten, folks.)
More recently however I’ve been rethinking how I feel about all this. More of that in a separate post….Promise.
1. They apologize before they pitch. (“This is just an idea I had…just my first draft…something that needs work…”)
2. They’re cute and spunky.
3. They write romantic comedies or dramas.
4. They’re bad investments cause they’ll give up on writing when they start a family.
5. They are less fun to hang with than their male counterparts.
6. They aren’t in touch with the market and what sells.
7. They write “soft” stories and suck at structure.
How many of these are you? How many did I miss?